- Philosophy and Theory in Higher Education. Call for Papers for Special Issue: “Higher Education and the Anthropocene”
- The purpose of the future university: Philosophy of higher education conference, hosted at Aarhaus University in Denmark. See more information, including the call for papers, by downloading this document.
- Universities in the Flux of Time – edited by Paul Gibbs, Oili-Helena Ylijoki, Carolina Guzman-Valenzuela, Ronald Barnett
- Trusting in the University – by Paul Gibbs
- Thinking about Higher Education– edited by Paul Gibbs, Ronald Barnett
- Debating Higher Education: Philosophical Perspectives – series edited by Paul Gibbs, Amanda Fulford, Ronald Barnett
- On the 4th and 5th July, Middlesex University hosted a symposium on the Philosophy of Higher Education
- On the 31st August and 1st September, New College Oxford hosted a symposium of Trust, Happiness and Well-being in HE
- Gibbs, P. 2008, What is work? A Heideggerian insight into work as a site for learning, Journal of Education and Work, 21, 5, 425–436.
- Gibbs, P. 2009, Gratitude in workplace research: A Rossian approach, Journal of Education and Work, 22, (1), pp.55-66.
- Gibbs, P. 2010, A Heideggerian phenomenology approach to higher education as a workplace: a consideration of academic professionalism, Studies in Philosophy and Education 29, (3) pp.275-285.
- Gibbs, P. 2011, The concept of profound boredom: learning from moments of vision, Studies in Philosophy and Education, 30:6.
- Gibbs, P. 2011, Finding quality in conversations of being good enough, Quality in Higher Education, 17: 2, pp. 139-150.
- Gibbs, P. 2011, The metaphor of therapy and its use in the learning of a workplace identity, Journal of Vocational Education and Training, pp. 63:4. 619-628.
- Gibbs, P. 2012, The workers community university, Higher Education Quarterly, 66 (1), 90-105
- Gibbs, P. 2014 The phenomenology of practice: A currere for professional practice Studies in Continuing Education 36 (2) 147-159
- Gibbs, P. 2015 Happiness and education: Troubling students for their own contentment, Time and Society, 34:1, 154-70
- Gibbs, P. 2016 Should Satisfaction Be a Higher Educative Aim? The case for contentment Educational Philosophy and Theory